The Biden administration removed only 2K of the 30,000 migrants who climbed the border in Del Rio

The Biden administration Only 2,000 of the more than 30,000 migrants who rushed to the border in Del Rio in September were removed, the Homeland Security Secretary said. Alejandro Mayorkas announced on Friday.

The scenes of approximately 15,000 migrants camping under the Del Rio bridge drew national and international headlines, as well as outrage from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle. The administration has overwhelmed resources and Border Patrol in the area, though it has finally ended horse patrols within days amid debunked allegations that Haitian migrants were “whipped.”

MAYORKAS SAYS HAITIAN MITRANTS UNDER R RIO PROVISION HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED IN COVID-19

Mayorkas announced Friday from the White House podium that “there are no more migrants in the camp under the Del Rio International Bridge.”

September 18, 2021: Migrants camp under the International Bridge in Del Rio. (Rep. Pfluger.)

He told reporters that, in fact, nearly 30,000 migrants have climbed the border since Sept. 9, and that approximately 12,400 have been allowed to have their cases heard by an immigration judge “to make a decision on whether to remove. they or will be allowed to stay in the United States “- means they are released to the United States with either a notice that appears in court or a notice to check in at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office.

He said an estimated 8,000 migrants “decided to return to Mexico voluntarily” and only over 5,000 are being processed by DHS to determine if they will be deported or placed on U.S. immigration proceedings.

OFFICIALS SAY EVEN 30,000 MIGRANTS WERE FLOODED INTO DEL RIO’S FACT, ALL CLEARED FROM THE CAMP

That means about 2,000 were canceled by the U.S. on 17 flights, of the 30,000 that attempted to enter the U.S. this month.

Meanwhile, Mayorkas told reporters that migrants were not tested for COVID-19 while they were under the bridge and he did not know how many COVID cases were among the migrants, who had been packed for several days. in vain conditions.

Mayorkas also upheld the administration’s decision to put a number of Border Patrol agents on duty at the desk after images surfaced of agents on horseback preventing migrants from entering U.S. Activists, lawmakers and, on Friday, President Biden, promed debunked narratives that agents “whipped” the migrants and there was an investigation ongoing.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

He also defended the administration’s “three -part plan” to resolve the migration crisis – even though the number of migrant encounters in July and August exceeded the 200,000 mark,

“We’re investing in key causes to address the need to address the reason why people leave the homes where they live and make a dangerous journey that they shouldn’t have made,” he said. “Second, the construction of safe, orderly and humane paths. And third, rebuilding an asylum system and a refugee program that was destroyed in the previous administration.”

Leave a Comment

x