ORCHARD PARK, NY (WIVB) – Erie County Executives and Pegula Sports and Entertainment Announced Tuesday new immunization requirements to attend the Bills and Sabers games, as well as other events in the stadiums.
Fans 12 and older will need to have at least one shot of a vaccine to enter the stadiums starting September 25, and they must be fully vaccinated to enter starting October 31.
So if you haven’t been vaccinated yet, when should you get your first shot to make sure you’re fully vaccinated before the deadline? Below are the deadlines for each vaccine.
What is considered to be “fully vaccinated”?
You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last injection in your vaccine series.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses, while the Johnson & Johnson vaccine has one dose.
How long do I have to wait between takes?
- If you receive the Pfizer vaccine, your second injection will be three weeks after your first dose.
- If you receive the Moderna vaccine, your second injection will be four weeks after your first dose.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine only requires one injection.
More information from the CDC is available here.
So when should I get the first dose?
- If you receive the Moderna vaccine, you must receive your first injection no later than this Sunday, September 19, be fully vaccinated before October 31. Your second injection would be four weeks later (October 17), and then the two-week period before you are considered to be fully vaccinated takes you to October 31.
- If you receive the Pfizer vaccine, you should receive your first injection no later than next Sunday, September 26. Your second injection would be three weeks later (October 17), and then the two-week period before receiving the vaccine. considered fully vaccinated takes him to October 31.
- If you get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you only need one shot, so you can get vaccinated until October 17 to be fully vaccinated before October 31. However, fans will need at least one shot to attend the events in September. like the Eric Church concert at the KeyBank Center on September 25 or the Bills game on September 26 against Washington.
Please note that some facilities may not offer immunizations on Sundays. It is strongly recommended that you do not wait until the last possible day.
How do I get vaccinated?
News 4 has links to vaccination sites in all western New York counties right here. Many pharmacies also offer walk-in vaccinations.
Additionally, Erie County residents can sign up for a “Vax visit” where someone from the health department will come directly to your home to provide the vaccine. You can register by calling (716) 858-2929.
How will I show that I am vaccinated?
You can show your physical vaccination card at the door or use approved “vaccine passport” applications such as the New York State Excelsior Pass or the CLEAR application. Photocopies of your card will not be accepted.
Using a fake immunization card is a Class D felony.
Are other teams doing this?
Yes. the Las Vegas Raiders, Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints They also have vaccine requirements, anyone else could soon follow suit. The Seahawks and Saints are also accepting proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the game, but the Raiders and Bills are not.
Do I still need to wear a mask?
Due to vaccination requirements, fans 12 and older will not be required to wear a mask. However, they are still highly recommended, especially indoors.
Children under the age of 12 are not yet eligible to get vaccinated. Fans under the age of 12 must wear a mask at all times.