Woman who accused Trevor Bauer of sexual assault was denied a restraining order

The judge said that “the injuries shown in the photographs are terrible,” but added: “If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would have been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and the defendant did not. exceeded “. limits established by the petitioner, “according to ESPN.

Lisa helfend meyer, the plaintiff’s attorney said in a statement to E! News, “While our client is disappointed by the judge’s ruling, he is hopeful that Mr. Bauer will voluntarily seek the help he needs to ensure that no other women in a dating relationship with him suffer the same traumatic fate as That is why she was willing to come forward and bear the guilt of the victim by Mr. Bauer that she knew would inevitably result. Keeping not only herself but other women safe from the hands of her. This troubled man has always been a priority, and will continue to be. So be it. “

Bauer’s attorneys, Shawn holley and Jon fetterolf, said in a post-ruling statement, “We are grateful to the Los Angeles Superior Court for denying the request for a permanent restraining order and dissolving the temporary restraining order against Mr. Bauer today. While we have awaited this outcome ever since the petition presented in June was presented, we are grateful that the Court has reviewed all the relevant information and testimonies to make this informed decision. “

Around the time the temporary restraining order was granted, The police launched an investigation about the two alleged encounters between the woman and Bauer, which according to the woman occurred on April 21 and May 16 at Bauer’s home in Pasadena, California. No arrests have been made or criminal charges have been filed against the athlete.

Fetterolf had previously said in a statement that Bauer had had a “brief and fully consensual sexual relationship initiated by” the woman beginning in April and which included “only two meetings.”

Leave a Comment

x